It’s the second week of the semester and you are concerned about a student who is missing class a lot or struggling academically. What can you do? Use the new Academic Care Team Referral Form to send an alert. The sooner we intervene with the student the quicker we can offer help.
The goal of this new faculty referral form is to initiate prompt communication and effective intervention with students who are experiencing academic difficulties. The referral form should be used for first- and second-year undergraduate students only.
Reasons to refer a student:
- Poor attendance and/or consistent tardiness
- Consistently unprepared for class
- Missed, late or incomplete assignments
- Missed exams
- Poor performance on exams or assignments
- Needs to address study skills or time management
- Academic difficulty due to issues outside the classroom
After submitting the form, your report will be forwarded to the Academic Care Team, who will offer targeted academic assistance to the student. In some cases, we will contact the student and recommend meeting with you directly. In other cases, we will recommend academic services such as the BearCLAW or an academic coach. We recommend sharing with your student that you have made this referral.
- Bear CLAW (Center for Learning and Writing) - The main page for tutoring at MSU.
- The Absent Professor Program - Assistance with study skills and more!
- Peer Assisted Study Session Program (PASS) - The PASS Program (also known as Supplemental Instruction or SI) supports select courses in Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences, and Biology.
- Academic Advisement Center - Advisement for exploratory students.
- Blackboard - The main course management system used at MSU.
- English Language Institute - A place where students can learn English as a second language.
- Adult Student Services - An essential office for returning and/or non-traditional learners.
- My Missouri State - Your portal for managing your academic career.
- MSU West Plains Online Writing Lab - Our sister lab at the West Plains campus.