Public Speaking Support
Schedule an In-Person Session
You must use the Online scheduling system for synchronous (in-person or virtual) consultations.
In-person or virtual appointments available January 17 to May 2, 2024.
Schedule an In-Person Appointment Online Using TutorTrac
- Review the TutorTrac instructions.
- Appointments made online must be made at least 24 hours in advance and can only be made up to seven days in advance.
- You can also call the front desk at (417) 836-6398.
The In-Person Appointment
All in-person consultations will be held in the Bear CLAW on the first floor of Meyer Library. Check in at the front desk a few minutes before your scheduled session. Drop-In appointments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that scheduled appointments have priority services and may cause your drop-in session to be shortened. An appointment is strongly recommended.
Email us a Video
Virtual Service Dates: January 17 to May 30, 2024
Speakers can obtain advice regarding their speech through an email consultation. A speech may be at any stage of the development process. A consultant will watch the speech and give you an overview of the text's strengths and weaknesses. These comments will be returned to you as soon as possible.
Please email your paper or text to WritingCenter@MissouriState.edu
Please note: We can accept submissions only from a valid live.missouristate.edu or .missouristate.edu accounts.
Download your speech to YouTube, TikTok, FB, Google... any platform that is easily accessed and won't require that our consultants "like" your page. Type "Submission" in the subject line. In the body of your email, please include all of the following information:
- Your first and last name.
- Your native language (if not English).
- Your Missouri State University connection: seated summer class, dual credit, satellite location, education abroad – (where?), online course, or academic department.
- Tell us about the assignment (you can also share the assignment prompt, too). We need this to assist you!
- Specific concerns and questions you have about your speech.
- The link so we can view the speech.
*The Presentation Center is closed whenever the university is closed. Please review the Academic Calendar.
Rules for Submission
- Submissions are read in the order they are received.
- Submissions are accepted only from a valid .missouristate.edu or live.missouristate.edu address.
- Multiple submissions in one email are not allowed, so please send each individually.
- Please check the link for video, sound quality, and easy access before sending it.