At the Writing Center, we understand that grammar can be intimidating. Even the most seasoned professional writers have trouble with it! Whether you want to discuss a paper or ask a general grammar-related question, we encourage you to stop by and meet with one of our consultants. Appointments are always recommended.
• Personalized sessions. Consultants work one-on-one with clients to address specific concerns and questions.
• Perfect timing. With an appointment, you can work undisturbed up to an hour with a consultant.
• A friendly, comfortable environment. We understand that grammatical concepts can be difficult to grasp. We are here to provide support.
• Consultations for undergraduates, graduates, faculty, and staff. We welcome writers with any level of experience.
• Resources for writers. The Writing Center provides free handouts, reference materials, and internet access—resources to help with any stage of the writing process.
Grammar Support & the Writing Center:
Traditionally, Writing Center personnel cannot edit your paper. When it comes to grammar support, we must tread a fine line. It is imperative that all writers visiting the Center understand that we address grammar concerns when poor grammar or syntax interfere with a reader's understanding of the paper. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the author of any paper to ensure it is (relatively) free of grammatical errors.