Asynchronous Email Consultations
Spring 2019 Email Consultations: January 16 to May 7, 2019
Writers on and off campus can obtain advice regarding their manuscript through email consultation. A paper may be in any stage of the writing process. A writing consultant will read and give you an overview of the text's strengths and weaknesses. These comments will be returned to you as soon as possible, normally as follows:
- 1-5 pages: Up to 2 Business days.
- 6-10 pages: Up to 3 Business days.
- Over 10 pages: Up to 3-5 Business days
- Graduate Student Thesis Formatting Checks: Up to 3 Business Days
Comments are made using the "Track Changes" feature in Microsoft Word.
Please email your paper or text to email@example.com
Please note: We can accept submissions only from a valid live.missouristate.edu or .missouristate.edu accounts.
Attach your manuscript as a WORD or RTF document and type "Submission" in the subject line. In the body of your email, please include all of the following information:
- Your first and last name.
- Your native language (if not English).
- Your Missouri State University connection: seated summer class, dual credit, satellite location, study away – (where?), online course, or academic department.
- Specific concerns and/or questions you have about your text.
*The Writing Center is closed whenever the university is closed. Please review the Academic Calendar.
Rules for Submission
You must be enrolled in an online course, in the Study Away Program, in a dual credit (high school) course affiliated with Missouri State University, or at a Missouri State University satellite location (e.g., West Plains, Mountain Grove, China, other). Special circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Michael Frizell, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Submissions are read on a first come, first served basis.
Submissions are accepted only from a valid .missouristate.edu or live.missouristate.edu address.
Multiple submissions are not allowed unless they are for different course.
Please proofread your paper before sending it to the Online Writing Center!
Failure to respond to the four questions above will cause your submission to be rejected.