Asynchronous E-Mail Consultations
Writers on and off campus can obtain advice regarding their manuscript through e-mail consultation. A paper may be in any stage of the writing process. A writing consultant will read and give you an overview of the text's strengths and weaknesses. These comments will be returned to you as soon as possible, normally as follows:
1-5 pages: Up to 2 Business days.
6-10 pages: Up to 3 Business days.
Over 10 pages: Up to 3-5 Business days.
Comments are made using the "Track Changes" feature in Microsoft Word. For more information about this tool, please click "Track Changes Feature."
Fall 2016 E-Mail Consultations Begin Wednesday, August 23
Please email your paper or text to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: We can accept submissions only from a valid live.missouristate.edu or .missouristate.edu account!
In your email, please include all of the following information:
1. Your first and last name.
2. Your native language (if not English).
3. Your Missouri State University connection: dual credit, satellite location, study away – (where?), online course, or academic department.
4. Your academic status (e.g., dual credit high school student, freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, graduate student, staff, faculty).
5. Specific concerns and/or questions you have about your text.
6. Provide the course number and section if applicable.
7. Attach your manuscript as a WORD or RTF document.
8. Type "Submission" in the subject line.
*The Writing Center is closed whenever the University is closed. Please see the Academic Calendar: http://calendar.missouristate.edu/academic.aspx
Rules for Submission
Submissions are read on a first come, first served basis.
Submissions are accepted only from a valid .missouristate.edu or live.missouristate.edu address.
Ten pages maximum are accepted at a time. If your manuscripts is longer than ten pages, please submit in ten-page intervals, but not before you've received a response from the previous ten pages. (Thus, a twenty page paper would take approximately four days to review).
Multiple submissions are not allowed unless they are for different course.
Please proofread your paper before sending it to the Online Writing Center!
You must be enrolled in an online course, in the Study Away Program, in a dual credit (high school) course affiliated with Missouri State University, or at a Missouri State University satellite location (i.e. West Plains, Mountain Grove, China, other).
Failure to answer the eight questions above will cause your submission to be rejected.